Send a Letter
All you have to do is click on the following link to launch a pre-filled support letter. Next, delete the content in [Brackets] and customize with any of the key facts below or your own observations.
The Venice Place project has evolved over the past couple of years based on feedback we've received from neighbors and the Venice community. The project is compliant with the Venice Specific Plan, the Coastal Land Use Plan and the L.A. City Zoning Code. Please let the City of Los Angeles know that you believe the project is a welcome addition to our community.
- The Project is in full compliance with the Venice Specific Plan.
- It provides more than 100% of the required parking, with no loss of street parking. It allows employees to park for free.
- Traffic for a hotel is much less intense at peak hours than an alternative office/retail project and results in less than 1% increase in peak traffic.
- The Department of Transportation (LADOT) determined that “there will be no significant impact” from project-related traffic.
- The development team conducted significant outreach and has revised the project based on community feedback.
- In response to community feedback, the project was divided into a collection of smaller structures rather than a single, larger building.
- The project will provide a number of good jobs for local Venice and L.A. residents.
- The project preserves important existing buildings onsite and integrates Dr. Jerry’s Sculpture Garden along with a considerable addition of open space; The Cooks Garden will get a new home on the green rooftop, supplying ultra-local produce to the The Venice Place restaurants.